Day 263 – Me Myself and Parrots.

This Is Wings in the Picture with Me
We have five Parrots here at Desteni Farm, Me and my partner are the ones taking care of them, they live right in our room with us, we have five cages in our room and we let the parrots out for a hour or two a day if we have the time, most of the time either me or my Partner have the time to let them out.

Taking care of the Parrots is easy, it is basically giving them food three times a day, giving them clean water every morning and washing the bowls, it is keeping their cages clean which I do every Saturday, and then also part of taking care of them is to make sure they are good over all in health.

Then there is the one point that I am still not cool with, this is me with the Parrots, what I mean is that the relationship between me an the parrots must have a good relationship for this to work, because we need to literally live together and thus requires working together.

This isn’t always so, The first Parrot we got we called parrot, we have a great relationship and he is pretty cool over all with humans because we had him all alone for a while so he got human interaction for hours every day, then we got four more Parrots, this is where we had to start treating them equally to not create/cause problems between them, so we had to stop giving individual special attention.

This became a problem since we now only have one parrot that is cool with humans and lots of other things and four others parrots that is still half wild, because they went up in numbers so quick we never had the time to give each one individual attention and interaction.

So now working with the Parrots can be trouble as there are four of them that still gets frights for any out of the ordinary movements or sounds and sometimes even freak out for nothing, and they BITE.

The new four parrots have been Biting ever since they could, they never had that interaction with humans to be with us and to understand us and them together, like our fist parrot understand how saw he can bite and that the human skin is sensitive and can be damaged, so he does not bite and he gently nibbles or play with the Human skin equal and one, the others don't, and they seem to actually like to see how we react or get hurt when they bite us, this is causing problems with working together and thus creates conflict.

So the point I am facing within this is myself, facing the parrots everyday and them biting and not stopping it, even after a year by now, they just continue, I have tried to stop them through tapping them on the beak, like with dogs, I also tried approaching them differently and many other things, its not working, I feel like just giving up, the ones that still bite, Wings - one of the four has been working with me out of her own, she flies to my desk and sits on my lap and she does not bite anymore.

So I know it is to hang out with them more and to play with them and connect with them and communicate with them, or to establish communication, but the time to do this is something that I am struggling with, because I am already busy and already have all my time set out for specific daily commitments/tasks, and through seeing how effective the first parrot is through ALL the time we spend together I see it is what required, but there are four now.

Sp for this to work I have to work with my reactions first and my anger and everything else that I have now created already in myself as back chat towards/about the parrots, so that when I work with them I know I am clear and that I can direct it and express myself and not be in fear around them.
Self Forgiveness next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Victimization - Self-Forgiveness

    First realization/insight of the word. I forgive myself that I have NOT accepted and allowed myself to see and realize that the word VIC...