Day 336 – self-interest is ignorant to consideration Part 1




Today was “workers Day” which is a public holiday, so I had a off day, I did not have to do anything, yet I did some stuff on the farm. I had this entire day ahead of me to do anything I set myself to.
I decided to take down a fence, this fence formed part of an old chicken camp, it is quite big, and all the chickens that was in there has been chased out to the Bigger camp next to this camp, the purpose is to extend our Yard which is pretty small at the moment.

So I had the day off and I saw that I can use the time to be practical and get things done, within myself I saw that taking the fence down was what I wanted to do, so let me do it.

I first went to a couple of people to discuss what I want to do just to be clear on the points involved, so when I spoke to people, the point that came up was – where is the chickens that used to be in that camp, and do they have a new home.

The common sense points that was revealed to me that I did not see myself as I was in the sight of self-interest as to what I wanted to do, instead of what needs to be done, was that it is fucking WINTER, how did I not miss that obvious consideration, and the chickens that was chased from their homes do not have a new place to stay, so 1+1=2 chickens outside chased from home in the middle of winter with temperatures of minus four coming, they will die, or have a great possibility of dying.

I was given the common sense that it is NO different from taking humans from their homes and chasing them outside, the first and most important point is to GIVE shelter/safety the humans/chickens and then to only afterwards pursue on the mission.

how did I not take in consideration the chickens as myself, as living beings, and equally consider for them what i would consider for myself and to implement it, to create it, to do it as I would have done for myself, wanted for myself. 

The points I saw within my self-interest was, I can take the fence down today, it will be quick and then it will be done, that I the time I have for today to do something.

BUT that whole statement was a Justification, it was self-interest.

If I did not use the sight of self-interest but instead of seeing what is here within the physical, then I would have seen the following, which is stating the obvious.

Here is a camp; there were chickens within this camp, where are the chickens now? Do the chickens have a new cam?, does the new camp have food and water? Does the new cam have a HOME/shelter, for safety, IT is winter, it is getting cold, does the chickens have a home that will protect them from the cold/frost, and accordingly I should have taken self-directive steps to secure the obvious common sense points, and only then proceed to taking off the fence, because then I would have known, I can do this, it is now the right time to do it.

So, after the obvious was made clear to me, I felt like shit, because I saw who I was within wanting o do something, I only wanted to do something that would fit my self-interest, I only wanted to what I felt like doing, I only wanted to make myself feel good for doing something.

I felt stupid, because when the obvious was made clear to me, it was so fucking obvious I could not believe that I could not have seen it myself, how in the world did I miss it all… I then had back chat that was attempting to secure myself self-interest, but I know better, I stopped and I breathed and I instead moved myself to the other points.

I went to the new camp the chickens were in, I looked around to see what I can do, what IS here and what requires to happen, I saw that they do have one new cage, But it was pretty small, So I looked at the other obvious points, I wasn’t going to build an entire new cage today in one day, so I looked at what is here already and can be used, it is turning winter and the chickens will not breed, and we have quite a big broiler room, where we usually put new born babies to keep them warm, which hasn’t been used for a long time, So I cleaned it out and I started creating a new room for the chickens, it can take at least fifty chickens, to sleep in and be warm, and after I completed that, I then went on to taking down the fence, I did not finish that, but I did start.

So now the next step is to start a new cage ANYWAY, I will when I have the time start, and little by little I will complete a new cage and then we can be sure to also have a broiler room again.
And I will as I have time continue taking down the fence.

I have learned a lot once again on Desteni farm, after not working on the farm for almost three months now as I am in car sales now working in town, I learned a ton more in a matter of one day, about myself and how shit works.
To be continued on SF.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Victimization - Self-Forgiveness

    First realization/insight of the word. I forgive myself that I have NOT accepted and allowed myself to see and realize that the word VIC...